This new, more intensive, committed programme is designed for young leaders who would like to develop their vocation and skills, alongside a mentor. We will meet together across the year, practice leadership in your local context and share an annual weekend away together.
We are aiming to work with a focussed group of young leaders throughout 2020.
Our hope is that church leaders will be spotting potential in young people and that they will be prepared to walk alongside them with us as we offer training and support.
The young leader will be committing to:
- A Residential weekend away 24th – 26th January 2020
- Two training days in 28th March and 19th September 2020
- Ongoing practical experience of leadership in their context.
- Being part of the team for the Gen2 Strategy Day 20th June 2020 and supporting their relevant Gen2 Deanery Roadshow
- Joining a Summer team-building day trip (date tbc)
- Celebrate the completion of the year with the a “Graduation” Eucharist at the Cathedral, with sandwiches afterwards at the Palace on 28th November 2020
We would require a church or youth leader to:
· Commit to come to the two training days and graduation with your young leader
· Offer appropriate opportunities and support within your context for the young leader to practice leadership throughout the year.
Contact us for more details and to sign up·
Previously we held regular centralized events for older young leaders and the Inspire Year has grown out of these experiences, with a desire to go deeper and really make a difference.
Our latest Inspire Residential focused on ‘Commitment and Covenant’. We looked at covenants in the Bible and explored our own commitments to God and the Church. This was alongside lots of outdoor activities such as: canoeing, abseiling and crate stacking. It was a weekend of fun, games and getting to know one and other.
Last year we held an informal walk and picnic in a Country Park and before then we joined the CEYC (Church of England Youth Council) national open day at St Mark’s Church, Peterborough in April 2017. We enjoyed linking in our young leaders with others from around the country
Some previous events include spending a day in Wellingborough, playing Laser Maze, discussing how to run small groups, creating prayer stations together and getting to know each other.
And a previous weekend away together was full of fun activities, training, eating together and learning from each other, ready to go back to our churches equipped and resourced to make a difference.
And in June 2016 we were out in the countryside having fun, away from the pressures of exams, sharing faith stories, encouraging each other and enjoying fire, a tunnel, dens and friends!
Our hope is that these young people, who have been picked out by their church leaders as having potential in leadership, or who are already taking responsibility in their local church, will be nurtured, given skills and trained up to go forward in their Faith and Vocation. And it is a delight to see these young people encouraged and excited to be together as a group of young Christians from across the Diocese.